ABC has just come out with a new show called Resurrection. In this show we can see another of the clear signs of the times in which we live. Knowing how the media shapes the minds of the masses, this show in particular deals specifically with dead loved ones coming back to visit us - which in subtle ways shapes our minds to get used to the idea of the dead coming back to visit us.
Before we start, please take a look at the trailer for ABC's new television series entitled "Resurrection".
Keep in mind that this show is not an isolated incident. Television and movies these days are full of spiritualism in many forms. We are being bombarded with it everywhere. It is just with this Resurrection TV series, it is the most blatant as to what the Spirit of Prophecy told us to expect - dead loved ones coming back to visit us.
If this has startled you, then you are probably familiar with the Bible's statements about the dead and their state in death. Whether you are or not, let's take a brief look at the clues given in scripture about this - and who and what those who apparently come back from the dead really are.
The very first clue clearly given in the scriptures is that the dead do not come back to the house where they used to live:
9. As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.
10. He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him any more.
In spite of this, you can see here in the show that the dead do come back to their homes where they used to live. If God in the Bible is clear that the dead do not come back to their houses, then they really don't come back. So who really are these who apparently came back from the dead? You will note that in this show, Jesus raised none of them from the dead. So who are they really?
In this video trailer to ABC's show, Caleb who died years before comes back to his house and family seemingly out of nowhere (click on the YouTube link below to see this trailer):
Caleb Comes Back from the Dead to his Family and his House!
Another clue clearly given in the Bible is that the dead do not praise the Lord:
The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
Yet in this show, we see these who apparently came back from the dead, going to church.
Since God in the Bible tells us the dead do not praise the Lord, who are these who apparently came back from the dead and go to church? Ecclesiastes 9:5 tells us the following:
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Yet, these in this ABC show who apparently came back from the dead know their family, they know where they live, they know their names and the names of others, they know their memories and make it seem like the dead know a lot more than nothing. Ecclesiastes 9:6 tells us
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
Yet the love and emotions they once had are still there. They are not perished. They once again have a portion for things done under the sun. Who are they really since they Biblically can't be the very same individuals who died? This is all in spite of the fact that the last two thirds of Ecclesiastes 9:10 says
.. for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Another major set of clues are found in Job 14:10-14:
10. But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost (another way of saying he dies), and where is he?
11. As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
12. So man lieth down, and riseth not: TILL THE HEAVENS BE NO MORE, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.
13. O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!
14. If a man die, shall he live again? (then Job's own question is answered) all the days of my appointed time will I wait, TILL MY CHANGE COME.
We see that man will not rise or awake from the grave "till the heavens be no more". When will this happen? 2 Peter 3:4,10-13 tells us that
2 Peter 3:4,10-13:
4. And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? ...
10. But the day of the Lord (that is the 2nd coming) will come as a thief in the night; IN WHICH THE HEAVENS SHALL PASS AWAY WITH A GREAT NOISE, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12. Looking for and hasting unto the COMING OF THE DAY OF GOD (the 2nd coming), wherein THE HEAVENS BEING ON FIRE SHALL BE DISSOLVED, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13. Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Yes, it is at the 2nd coming - when the heavens will be no more being dissolved in fire - that the dead are raised. Verse 12 clearly states that "So man lieth down, and riseth not: TILL THE HEAVENS BE NO MORE".
Also, Job asked in 7:14,
"If a man die, shall he live again?" Then the answer follows: "all the days of my appointed time WILL I WAIT, TILL MY CHANGE COME".
And when is this change? The scriptures are clear. This change will occur at the 2nd coming when Job along with the faithful dead in Christ are resurrected and receive new bodies:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54:
51. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, (when?) AT THE LAST TRUMP: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
And when or at what event is the last trump sounded?
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18:
13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him (that is resurrected back to heaven).
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (or precede) them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, AND WITH THE TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
This is why Job could say:
25. For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26. And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
So if the dead are raised again ONLY at the second coming and not before, and receive their change then while waiting in the grave as Job says, then who are these who are apparently back from the dead BEFORE the second coming?
We find this answer in 1 Samuel chapter 28.
In this chapter, we read of a crucial event in the days of Saul the first king of Israel. He had been consistently unfaithful to God and God left him. The deadliest enemies of Israel at the time were the mighty Philistines with their mighty army. King Saul according to verse 5 in 1 Samuel 28 "was afraid, and his heart greatly trembled.". At this time, the prophet Samuel was already dead and buried in Ramah. Out of desperation, Saul enquired of the Lord, but the Lord did not answer him in any way due to his unfaithfulness and evil deeds. Still completely desperate, Saul then did the unthinkable. He then turned to a woman who was a sorcerer who had a demon, a fallen angel, or as the Bible put it in verse 7, a "woman that hath a familiar spirit".
After King Saul disguised himself and went to this woman at a place called Endor:
1 Samuel 28:8:
And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, DIVINE UNTO ME BY THE FAMILIAR SPIRIT (the demon, the fallen angel), AND BRING ME HIM UP, WHO I SHALL NAME UNTO THEE.
After the woman found out Saul was the one talking to her, she expressed fear for her life, then Saul reassured her nothing will happen to her.
1 Samuel 28:11:
Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me UP Samuel.
Now keep in mind that Satan and none of his angels can raise the dead. They can imitate the dead, but ONLY Christ Jesus is "the resurrection, and the life" according to John 11:25. There is none other who can give life but God. Let's see how this demon of Satan or Satan himself, this "familiar spirit", made it LOOK LIKE he raised up Samuel.
1 Samuel 28:12,13:
12. And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.
13. And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I SAW GODS ASCENDING OUT OF THE EARTH.
14. And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man COMETH UP; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
So now, we all know God is dwelling in heaven. Yet, this woman with a demonic "familiar spirit" sees GODS ASCENDING OUT OF THE EARTH and one of them "COMETH UP" in the form of Samuel? Since Samuel was a true servant of God, according to the popular view, HE SHOULD HAVE COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN FROM GOD, NOT UP FROM THE EARTH WITH DEMON "GODS". The company does not fit! The saved and righteous Samuel coming up with demon
Not caring at all that this was demonic power faking to resurrect Samuel, Saul bowed before the demon imitating Samuel. why is it a supernatural imitation?
- Because Samuel could not have "come up" out of the earth with demon gods.
- Satan nor any "familiar spirit" absolutely cannot truly raise the dead.
- God did not answer Saul when Saul inquired of him. So it would not now make sense that God in conjunction with Satan would truly raise up Samuel to now communicate with Saul. This can't be a possibility.
So in short, Satan or one of his angels impersonated Samuel to the point where we humans can't distinguish between a real person and a supernatural being appearing in the said person's form.
In short, Revelation 16:13,14 gives us the real answer:
13. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Note in this video, that these events of people coming back from the dead is linked to a church and a perplexed pastor who is powerless to explain this phenomenon.
Notice Rachel in this video sitting in church asking the Pastor if she died:
Rachel Sitting in Church asks the Pastor if she died
Here is what the Spirit of Prophecy tells us. Notice the connection to the churches that teach the immortality of the soul being powerless against this deception:
Many will be ensnared through the belief that spiritualism is a merely human imposture; when brought face to face with manifestations which they cannot but regard as supernatural, they will be deceived, and will be led to accept them as the great power of God.
As the teachings of spiritualism are accepted by the churches, the restraint imposed upon the carnal heart is removed, and the profession of religion will become a cloak to conceal the basest iniquity. A belief in spiritual manifestations opens the door to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils, and thus the influence of evil angels will be felt in the churches.
The popular ministry cannot successfully resist spiritualism. They have nothing wherewith to shield their flocks from its baleful influence. Much of the sad result of spiritualism will rest upon ministers of this age; for they have trampled the truth under their feet, and in its stead have preferred fables.
Satan has long been preparing for his final effort to deceive the world. The foundation of his work was laid by the assurance given to Eve in Eden: “Ye shall not surely die.” “In the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Genesis 3:4, 5. Little by little he has prepared the way for his masterpiece of deception in the development of spiritualism. He has not yet reached the full accomplishment of his designs; but it will be reached in the last remnant of time. Says the prophet: “I saw three unclean spirits like frogs....They are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.” Revelation 16:13, 14. Except those who are kept by the power of God, through faith in His word, the whole world will be swept into the ranks of this delusion. The people are fast being lulled to a fatal security, to be awakened only by the outpouring of the wrath of God.
Maranatha, page 166
Also, in Early Writings, page 262 she states:
I saw that the saints must have a thorough understanding of present truth, which they will be obliged to maintain from the Scriptures. They must understand the state of the dead; for the spirits of devils will yet appear to them, professing to be beloved relatives or friends, who will declare to them unscriptural doctrines. They will do all in their power to excite sympathy and will work miracles before them to confirm what they declare. The people of God must be prepared to withstand these spirits with the Bible truth that the dead know not anything, and that they who thus appear are the spirits of devils.
We must examine well the foundation of our hope; for we shall have to give a reason for it from the Scriptures. This delusion will spread, and we shall have to contend with it face to face; and unless we are prepared for it, we shall be ensnared and overcome. But if we do what we can on our part to be ready for the conflict that is just before us, God will do His part, and His all-powerful arm will protect us. He would sooner send every angel out of glory to make a hedge about faithful souls, than have them deceived and led away by the lying wonders of Satan.
Early Writings, page 262
Now let's see Great Controversy, page 588, 589:
Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience.
As spiritualism more closely imitates the nominal Christianity of the day, it has greater power to deceive and ensnare. Satan himself is converted, after the modern order of things. He will appear in the character of an angel of light. Through the agency of spiritualism, miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and many undeniable wonders will be performed. And as the spirits will profess faith in the Bible, and manifest respect for the institutions of the church, their work will be accepted as a manifestation of divine power.
The line of distinction between professed Christians and the ungodly is now hardly distinguishable. Church members love what the world loves and are ready to join with them, and Satan determines to unite them in one body and thus strengthen his cause by sweeping all into the ranks of spiritualism. Papists, who boast of miracles as a certain sign of the true church, will be readily deceived by this wonder-working power; and Protestants, having cast away the shield of truth, will also be deluded. Papists, Protestants, and worldlings will alike accept the form of godliness without the power, and they will see in this union a grand movement for the conversion of the world and the ushering in of the long-expected millennium.
Through spiritualism, Satan appears as a benefactor of the race, healing the diseases of the people, and professing to present a new and more exalted system of religious faith; but at the same time he works as a destroyer.
Great Controversy, page 588, 589
Read the whole of Chapter 34 in the Great Controversy entitled "Can Our Dead Speak to Us?". It starts on page 551. Here is the first two paragraphs:
The ministration of holy angels, as presented in the Scriptures, is a truth most comforting and precious to every follower of Christ. But the Bible teaching upon this point has been obscured and perverted by the errors of popular theology. The doctrine of natural immortality, first borrowed from the pagan philosophy, and in the darkness of the great apostasy incorporated into the Christian faith, has supplanted the truth, so plainly taught in Scripture, that “the dead know not anything.” Multitudes have come to believe that it is spirits of the dead who are the “ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation.” And this notwithstanding the testimony of Scripture to the existence of heavenly angels, and their connection with the history of man, before the death of a human being.
The doctrine of man’s consciousness in death, especially the belief that spirits of the dead return to minister to the living, has prepared the way for modern spiritualism.
Great Controversy, page 551
Please study the Word and Spirit of Prophecy for yourself. Let clear scriptures show you truth with no private interpretations. Don't take any mans word for it, but go and check and read extra for yourself to make sure things are not being taken out of context or applied when there really is no real link.
Remember Jesus is the resurrection and we look to Him as our only hope of being resurrected. No other return from the dead is acceptable or Biblical or realistic. All else is fake or Satanic.
May God bless you all as we live and survive in these last days.